Monday 27 July 2009

Another weekend of feasting

On Saturday I made pizza for breakfast. I had loads of tomato sauce left over from pasta left over from the night before, so it was mainly to use that up. Pizza dough got made quick as a flash. Who needs a 45-minute cycle on the breadmaker for that?

It was mostly sauce, with minimum cheese and it was very good. No pictures because I ate it all, over a few mealtimes. I also gave some to Anna when she popped round.

I had some chipotle chilli seeds leftover from the first time I used the dried smoked pieces of heaven which had been knocking around in a bottle for some time. I simmered them in some water and added the water to the tomato sauce I made for a touch of smoky heat and it worked.

Saturday was Sabbi and Jaydev's wedding. It was a marvellous day. My favourite food was the pani puri we got at the beginning of the afternoon meal; tiny little puri with the puffed up layer broken to accomomdate some yogurt and potato. Delicious. The rest was usual Hindu wedding fare, which I love; chana, potato and aubergine, rice and dhal, raitu, puri, dhokra, salad, carrot and green chilli pickles pickled in salt and lemon and covered in split mustard kernels and for pudding ras malai, which I'd never had before. It was a treat. I liked the weird sponginess of the milk powder cake in its moat of sweetly spiced milk.

At the reception I indulged in meat, wheat, cheese and a dash of Malibu- things which aren't the kindest of things to my gastro-intestinal tract, but I decided that one night wasn't going to do much damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment