Thursday 21 October 2010

This Space Has Been Left Unintentionally Blank

Well, it's been a while since my last update.
A few weeks ago, before it got cold, I made my very first bagels. Here they are all piled together like a bunch of multi-racial supermodels all posing nude for some top designer:


They are crusted with dried onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and salt crystals.
A pleasure to make, if a labour-intensive one. Talking of bread, Dan got me a rye sourdough culture after mine failed so badly and became very sour and too smelly. I hope to use it soon.

Two weeks ago, I was most pleased to find recently that the rosehip syrup I made  3 years ago fermented into something drinkable. And alcoholic!

I have been overdoing it a bit lately, and subsequently fell foul to a spot of depression. It's been very calming to slowly chop and cook vegetables to make some soup. It's a very symbolic slowing-down gesture. And a warm and tasty one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment