Monday 19 April 2010

I kid you not.

Today, I went to Woo Sang oriental supermarket in Manchester, peeked in the freezer and saw CHEESE FLAVOURED ICE CREAM. It was made by Selecta which had the same logo as Wall's in the UK and is therefore part of Unilever's Heartbrand frozen desserts. It was made in the Philippines.

Thinking about it, I don't know why I'm so shocked. After all, I did encounter blue cheese ice cream in when I went to an ice cream parlour in Vancouver BC in 2006.

This is different, though. That parlour had all kinds of wacky flavours like porcini mushroom. I must have tried them and as I recall, they didn't taste too strongly of their names. The ice cream I saw today, however seemed garish. It looked like it was flavoured with cheese very orange, salty and bland, like American cheddar.

I wished I'd had my camera with me, but I did not. I'm glad I didn't have my camera, because I tried to find an image online of the product I saw today, and found out find that several companies make it, and someone loves them enough to dedicate web space to it. See it for yourself here.

I would try some of this quezo ice cream, because I am a bit sick in the head, but it only comes in 2 litre tubs. Does anyone want to go halves on it with me? Or maybe quarters. Eighths?

No comments:

Post a Comment